Having a website and the appropriate social media pages may get you tons of visitors, but what value do these visitors provide? The answer to that question will definitely rely on the purpose of your website. Some businesses use their website purely to increase their public appearance, others use it as a tool to sell their services or products.
The best benefit of a well-managed website comes when you can capture the details of interested visitors by asking them to subscribe to your newsletter. Instead of random visitors that may be less likely to purchase your product, you can have a list of subscribers who are genuinely interested in your brand and willing to hear more about it. MailChimp will help you obtain this list of subscribers with the addition of a subscribe button on your website.
MailChimp is a web-based email marketing service, founded in 2001 and used by over 4 million users world-wide. Email Marketing Campaigns are used by businesses to promote their brand and keep customers both updated and connected with the business. The main difference between an email marketing service and using your personal mail (like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) is that you can mail various different mails to various specific lists of users without the time-consuming hassle of listing and mailing each user personally. These campaigns can consist of newsletters, advertisements, marketing news, special offers and sales, coupons or automated responses for interactivity.
“Create signup forms that match your brand’s look and feel, and send your subscribers product updates, event invitations, announcements, or editorial content,” says the MailChimp About Page, “Use our reports to improve your campaigns and learn more about your subscribers. Best of all? MailChimp is free (to send 12 000 emails per month) for a list of up to 2,000 subscribers.”
Benefits of Using MailChimp:
MailChimp is a great service for beginners who do not yet wish to take on the expense for additional online marketing. Eventually, however, the company may have to either employ someone to supervise the MailChimp marketing or they will have to pay an external service provider to manage their email campaigns. Consider the following MailChimp benefits when choosing what email marketing service to choose from:
1. MailChimp is free(ish): It is certainly freer than most email marketing services that will charge you a monthly fee from the very first month. MailChimp allows you to use a limited set of their services as long as you have less than 2000 subscribers in your list, and you do not exceed the 12 000 monthly email limit. As it will take you a while to build a list of 2000 subscribers, why not choose an option that won’t charge you until you do.
2. MailChimp is Twitter-friendly: Even if you do not have a Twitter account, this is still a useful benefit for subscribers that would like to post your newsletter on their Twitter accounts. Twitter is one of the biggest social websites with millions of users. The publicity boost that Twitter can provide should not be underestimated, because every user or visitor could be a potential subscriber and customer.
3. MailChimp is Easier: It has a simplistic interface which, depending on every individual’s technological grasp, does not take long to master. Their logo, the monkey, is meant to enhance their image as an easy-to-use service. They also post various tutorial videos for those that may need more assistance initially. Even their tracking and measuring reports are easy to understand, unlike those of Constant Contact (an alternative email marketing service) where some knowledge in marketing terminology is required. With MailChimp you can easily see statistics on how many subscribers opens, ignores, shares or unsubscribes from your newsletter.
4. MailChimp means less Spam Reports: If users mark your emailed newsletters as spam it is likely that it will automatically be marked as spam for your other subscribers. MailChimp overrides this possibility by immediately removing the user who marked your newsletter as spam from the subscribed list. Not only that, but MailChimp also offers one-click unsubscribe buttons, meaning less hassle and annoyance by members who wish to unsubscribe from your newsletter.
5. MailChimp Happily Integrates: You can easily integrate information or lists from other online services such as your email contacts, EventBrite, SurveyGizmo, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and more. There are various templates to use or edit to your liking, allowing you to create a newsletter with company colour schemes and content from several of you online platforms (website, social media pages, data capturing profiles, etc.)
Signing Up for MailChimp:
Signing up for MailChimp is as easy as visiting their website, clicking on “sign up”, entering your details, and congratulations, because you just opened you MailChimp account. Easy! However, there are quick tutorials on how to utilise all the different services offered by MailChimp for all first time users. Setting up lists, sign up forms, links, logos, and all such extras can take some time to grasp.
Don’t let your lack of online tricks be the downfall of your online image, contact Online Marketing Guys in Cape Town to ensure your site sticks to the ever-changing demands of the Internet.